From: Andreas Vinsander <andreas@×××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] WEP & Cisco PEAP, is it possible ?
Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 10:37:27
1 Ahmad F Al-Twaijiry wrote:
2 > Hi
3 >
4 > In my work they use WLAN with PEAP & WEP and also they have a
5 > Certificate for the network (I think it's a public key for the company)
6 >
7 > anyway In the instruction in how to install it in MS Windows they ask
8 > you to install a Cisco Aironet utility with PEAP wep_supplicant and then
9 > the certificate plus selecting the WEP (Even if you don't have Aironet
10 > card, you must install the utility or the wireless will not work!!)
13 > Do you think this setting can work in linux ? because I heard that it's
14 > impossible with Cisco PEAP ?
15 >
16 > Any tips in how to do it ?
17
18 Take a look at wpa_supplicant (its in portage), it might do what u need
19 (I'm not at the laptop atm, so I don't know for sure)
20
21 /Andreas
22 --
23 gentoo-laptop@g.o mailing list