From: Jakob Buchgraber <jakob.buchgraber@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] Audio doesn't work if I start the PC without AC
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 18:23:01
Andrea Spadaccini wrote:
> Hello list, > I think that the subject is quite descriptive. I have an ASUS A8JC > laptop, with kernel 2.6.18.2, gentoo linux x86 stable with some ~x86 > packages, this audiocard: > > 00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High > Definition Audio Controller (rev 02) Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. > Unknown device 1153 Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 23 > Memory at febfc000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K] > Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2 > Capabilities: [60] Message Signalled Interrupts: 64bit+ > Queue=0/0 Enable- Capabilities: [70] Express Unknown type IRQ 0 > > Can someone help me? Thanks in advance, > >
Do you get any error messages? Do the ALSA drivers get loaded? Try running # /etc/init.d/alsasound start There should be no difference between battery and AC. PS: If you have already solved your problem, please tell us your solution as other users experiencing similar issues may find it helpful. Best Regards Jay -- gentoo-laptop@g.o mailing list