From: "Lars Tobias Børsting" <larstobi@×××××××××.no>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] Intel Corporation 82852/855GM Integrated Graphics Device
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 18:11:09
Ahmad Fahad Al-Twaijiry <ahmadt@×××××.com> writes:

> anyway know what is the best think to make the LCD come back after the > suspend ?
When suspending from X you may do a workaround to get the LCD up again. The bad thing is that X dies hard, but the bright side is that you don't have to boot, merely start X again. When suspending to ram make a little script that does this for you and after the suspend command add these lines: chvt 1 chvt 7 Don't know why it works, but it does for me. And with ACPI suspend to ram there seems to be no problem with the ipw2200 and i915 modules.
This may have to do with the ipw2200 and/or i915 modules. Remove them prior to a suspend. -- Regards, Lars Tobias Børsting -- gentoo-laptop@g.o mailing list