From: ian douglas <id@×××.us>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-laptop] sound issues
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 18:46:36
1 gentoo 2005.0
2 toshiba satellite, P4 2.67GHz, 512MB, Ali5451 sound chipset
3
4 Hey all, new to the list. I've read through the gentoo forums looking for help
5 and finding some advice that appears at first glance to be somewhat
6 contradictory when it comes to whether to compile a module driver in the kernel
7 for the snd_ali5451 driver or not.
8
9 The module loads just fine on boot up, but I have no sound in gentoo; alsa-mixer
10 shows no channels muted. I can tri-boot into XP or Fedora Core 3 and sound works
11 quite well... Aside from the wifi driver (also having issues with it) I'm *this*
12 close to dumping XP altogether and just using gentoo on the laptop full time.
13
14 What information would be most beneficial for folks on the list to help track
15 down where I've gone wrong?
18 Ian Douglas
19 http://www.w98.us/
20 --