From: mail <lists@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-laptop] HD getting hosed upon boot...
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 20:01:30
1 Hi,
2
3 I should be able to use knoppix to boot into and set up my thinkpad
4 right?
5
6 I have a backup of all my files and os from an older thinkpad T41, so I
7 am booting into my new thinkpad T43, formatting the drives, copying all
8 my files over, stepping in, re-compiling the kernel, setting up grub,
9 and I should be on my way right?
10
11 I can't figure out what I am doing wrong, but when as soon as I boot,
12 right after the splash, the system goes nuts with ReiserFS warnings, and
13 hoses my root drive! (sda3) I can't even mount it after that...
14
15 Does anybody have a clue what I might be doing wrong?
16 thanks
17 rick
22 gentoo-laptop@g.o mailing list