From: "Stéphane Guedon" <stephane@××××××××××.eu>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o, gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] mounts options on a laptop
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2011 13:03:34
1 On Saturday 05 March 2011 12:47:39 Kent Hagebrand wrote:
2 > Yes, I use tmpfs on /vat/tmp/portage to reduce the disk i/o on my laptop.
3 > Here is the line I use in the /etc/fstab:
4 >
5 > none /var/tmp/portage tmpfs nr_inodes=1M,size=2G 0 0
6 >
7 > This will allow the directory /var/tmp/portage to use at most 2GB of
8 > memory (I have 4GB).
9 > It is enough to compile most of the packages in portage.
10
11 I compile in /tmp which is tmpfs, and I was thinking of /var/run as tmpfs
12