From: Andrey Vul <andrey.vul@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] Intel Core 2 Duo Processor
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 00:56:18
1 I personally used the minimal cd to install, but I'm also a person who
2 uses stage1 installs :P
3 basically, livecd=noob and minimal=tech
4
5 I wouldn't recommend the minimal cd at all if you don't have console
6 experience (partitioning, text editing, unpacking packages) because a
7 typo can make your computer unbootable.
8
9 If you have Visual Studio 2005 (even vc++ express edition), compile
10 this code to check for em64t:
11 /* check_em64t.c */
12 #include <stdio.h>
13 int main() {
14 unsigned __int32 reg;
15 __asm {
16 mov eax, 80000001h
17 cpuid
18 mov reg, edx
19 }
20 if (reg & (1 << 29))
21 preintf("You have EM64T support\n");
22 return 0;
23 }
24 /* EOF */
25 Email me if your version of visual studio is express or pro/team edition
26 i'll reply with specific compilation instructions
27