From: Valmor de Almeida <val.gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-laptop] Re: [gentoo-user] coretemp and smartbatt drivers for lm_sensors
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 23:42:39
1 Paul Hartman wrote:
4 > Also, if you are new to lm_sensors, beware that sensors-detect only
5 > works on a subset of the supported sensor chipsets. On my computer,
6 > for example, it detected the wrong chipsets which "sort of" worked
7 > (gave wrong/incomplete readings). I had to manually tell it which
8 > sensor chipset my motherboard uses.
12 Okay. I got i2c_i801.ko and coretemp.ko created and loaded in the
13 kernel. The CONFIG_ACPI_SBS=m parameter creates two modules: sbs.ko and
14 sbshc.ko; modprobe sbs loades both; hence no smartbatt. The relevant
15 section from sensors-detect output is
16
17 Next adapter: SMBus I801 adapter at 18a0 (i2c-0)
18 Do you want to scan it? (YES/no/selectively): YES
19 Client found at address 0x0b
20 Probing for `Smart Battery'... Success!
21 (confidence 5, driver `smartbatt')
22 Client found at address 0x19
23 Probing for `Analog Devices ADM1021'... No
24 Probing for `Analog Devices ADM1021A/ADM1023'... No
25 Probing for `Maxim MAX1617'... No
26 Probing for `Maxim MAX1617A'... No
27 Probing for `Maxim MAX1668'... No
28 Probing for `Maxim MAX1805'... No
29
30 and it calls for smartbatt. Instead I loaded sbs.ko. The current output
31 of sensors is
32
33 -> sensors
34 coretemp-isa-0000
35 Adapter: ISA adapter
36 Core 0: +56°C (high = +100°C)
37
38 Should the output show also info on the battery? Am I still missing
39 something configuring ls_sensors?
40
41 Thanks,
44 Valmor