From: "Werner M. Mayer" <wmm@×××.li>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-laptop] What programs are good to install on pentium 133mhz?
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 05:07:01
Hello, I am new to gentoo and have many questions.

I'll start with these:

I would like to know what mail and ftp-passive programs I should
install on my system. They should be secure with no need to get
updates due to security breaks every half year.

When I get XFree running, I also want normal ftp running like
xmftp I was used to on my suse system. What graphic/TK-program
to chose here with above mentioned security level.

After emerge xfree --fetchonly and emerge xfree and the mass
compilation even though using stage3 I still have problems getting
a working XF86Config for my 1024x600 LCD.

Also I need help with what all to get for sound.

Can anyone help me with these things?

Werner Mayer