From: Tedwardo Stine <ted.stine@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] ethernet issue (e1000)
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 03:28:03
Hey I recently had a problem like this with my wireless card.

However make sure that the eth0 device is even there, either by looking at
ifconfig
or
cat /proc/net/dev

But the issue I had was found to be a problem with the new udev that found
device processes to run on startup.
What solved this was removing net.eth0 or net.<device> from the boot/default
run level and letting udev finding it and deal with it correctly.

But this was also with a wireless card, sorry if it doesn't help.