From: Andrey Vul <andrey.vul@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] Intel Core 2 Duo Processor
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 00:57:30
1 On 6/23/07, Andrey Vul <andrey.vul@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I personally used the minimal cd to install, but I'm also a person who
3 > uses stage1 installs :P
4 > basically, livecd=noob and minimal=tech
5 >
6 > I wouldn't recommend the minimal cd at all if you don't have console
7 > experience (partitioning, text editing, unpacking packages) because a
8 > typo can make your computer unbootable.
9 >
10 > If you have Visual Studio 2005 (even vc++ express edition), compile
11 > this code to check for em64t:
12 > /* check_em64t.c */
13 > #include <stdio.h>
14 > int main() {
15 > unsigned __int32 reg;
16 > __asm {
17 > mov eax, 80000001h
18 > cpuid
19 > mov reg, edx
20 > }
21 > if (reg & (1 << 29))
22 > preintf("You have EM64T support\n");
23 typo fix: printf NOT preintf
24 > return 0;
25 > }
26 > /* EOF */
27 > Email me if your version of visual studio is express or pro/team edition
28 > i'll reply with specific compilation instructions
29 >