From: David <abbottdavid@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] Install on a Dell E4300
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 18:22:46
1 Francisco Rivas wrote:
4 > On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 4:48 PM, Steev Klimaszewski <steev@×××××.net
5 > <mailto:steev@×××××.net>> wrote:
6 >
7 > On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 3:45 PM, Francisco Rivas
8 > <taken2k4@×××××.com <mailto:taken2k4@×××××.com>> wrote:
9 > <snip>
10 >
11 > Is this one of those "Mini-9" laptops?
12 >
13 > No it is not, Actually is a 13.3" Centrino 2. with integrated Intel
14 > Cantiga Mobile Series 4 Video Graphics. I tested it with Ubuntu 8.10
15 > and it works fine with 3d acceleration. I tried to add some masked
16 > packages but it is really painful because more than the 60% of the
17 > system has to be unmasked to get it working, I think that is because
18 > it is quit new hardware yet.
19 I have been running a full ~amd64 system for over 3 years now without a
20 reinstall, and there are some bumps in the road but I don't think any
21 more than stable, you just hit the problem packages first. I have found
22 the help on bugzilla first rate. I just needs a better way of searching
23 in my opinion, but if I keep looking I can usually find someone with the
24 same problem, with solutions. If I can't find another bug like mine then
25 I will report it and do all the steps that are asked.
28 powered by Gentoo/GNU Linux
29 http://linuxcrazy.com