From: mail <lists@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] HD getting hosed upon boot...
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 12:18:24
On Thu, 2007-04-26 at 11:58 +0800, Kamchybek Jusupov wrote:
> Hi mail, > > maybe reiser was compiled as module? > > On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 16:00:22 -0400 / mail wrote: > With a subject: [gentoo-laptop] HD getting hosed upon boot... > > > Hi, > > > > I should be able to use knoppix to boot into and set up my thinkpad > > right? > > > > I have a backup of all my files and os from an older thinkpad T41, so > > I am booting into my new thinkpad T43, formatting the drives, copying > > all my files over, stepping in, re-compiling the kernel, setting up > > grub, and I should be on my way right? > > > > I can't figure out what I am doing wrong, but when as soon as I boot, > > right after the splash, the system goes nuts with ReiserFS warnings, > > and hoses my root drive! (sda3) I can't even mount it after that... > > > > Does anybody have a clue what I might be doing wrong? > > thanks > > rick > >
Thanks for both your responses! I found out what it was... It seems that I had to remove the "ATA/ATAPI/MFM/R>> support" After I removed that, it booed fine. again. To recap, I just got it and it had windoz on it and booted OK. Then I used knoppix as my "live CD", re-partitioned the hard drive with a boot, swap and root partition. then copied my entire hard drive from my older T41 into my new root partition. Then "steped in" from the live CD into my new environment. Then re-compiled the kernel. then set up grub, stepped out, and rebooted. I have a couple of other issues that I will start new thread for Thanks again! rick -- gentoo-laptop@g.o mailing list