From: Joe R <JoeR410@×××.com>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] ethernet issue (e1000)
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 03:14:50
1 Have you made sure you installed the new kernel and rebooted into it? I
2 know, silly questions, but we ought not rule out the obvious possibilities.
3
4 lists@×××××.net wrote:
5 > Hi,
6 >
7 > I just had a system board replaced on my Thinkpad and now the ethernet
8 > interface does not exist. The hardware test is fine...
9 >
10 > whin I issue lspci, I get this:
11 >
12 > 02:01.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82540EP Gigabit Ethernet
13 > Controller (Mobile) (rev 03)
14 >
15 > I have the e1000 driver compiled in the kernel.
16 >
17 > my /etc/conf.d/net file is this:
18 >
19 > config_eth0=( "dhcp" )
20 > modules=( "ifconfig" )
21 > modules=( "wpa_supplicant" )
22 > wpa_supplicant_eth1="-Dwext"
23 > config_ESSID=( "dhcp" )
24 > dhcpcd_ESSID="-t 5"
25 >
26 > and when I issue /etc/init.d/net.eth0 start, I get this:
27 >
28 > # /etc/init.d/net.eth0 start
29 > * Starting eth0
30 > * Bringing up eth0
31 > * dhcp
32 > * network interface eth0 does not exist
33 > * Please verify hardware or kernel module (driver)
34 >
35 > What could be happening?
36 > Does this interface support 100mb? or is it gigabit only?
37 >
38 > Actually, I would love to find a gnome gui that my user can use to
39 > manage both the eth0 and wireless eth1 interfaces. I have not found
40 > working examples of this anywhere yet. any sugesstions?
41 >
42 > Thanks
43 > rick
47 gentoo-laptop@g.o mailing list