From: Jordi Molina <warp3r@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] sound issues
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 17:01:12
alsautils has the mixer, a nice ncurse-based setup tool and so on.

BTW, remember that now you have sound through OSS emulation, I mean,
the application thinks that they are using a OSS device instead of an
alsa one. This can be a problem when watching movies or playing
games...  you'll probably notice a delay of the sound.

Can you check the permissions of the sound device (/dev/dsp ). I had
problems with this and what I did was modifying the udev config file
to set diferent umask to the devices and then I got sound.

cheers
Jordi