From: Will Briggs <will@××××××××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] wireless and service dependencies
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 00:35:30
Fabio A Correa wrote:
> Hello, > > Study /etc/conf.d/net.example and write a postup() function in /etc/conf.d/net ; Postup is my > preferred way of starting sshd and ntpd, because my wireless network is managed by > wpa_supplicant. Then, when I move my laptop from an access point to another, such services must > be restarted. Nothing better than having Gentoo restarting such services for you. > > Here goes an example: > > postup () { > /etc/init.d/ntpd restart > /etc/init.d/sshd restart > /etc.init.d/cupsd restart > }
G'day Fabio, Thanks for the post. I'll have a play with this ASAP... I guess the idea here is that you take /etc/init.d/foo out of the init runlevels and let this postup function handle it - that way you don't have any "WARNING: foo scheduled start..." messages on boot up. So this would be a fix, but it doesn't actually attack the problem of net.* service dependencies handled by runscript.sh, yes? Only problem I see with this is this: 1) wireless (eth1) comes up - sshd (re)starts and all is well. 2) I ssh into the laptop from another machine 3) the cat-5 wire gets plugged in for some reason and eth0 comes up - sshd restarts 4) The connection I had in 2) is lost, even though the link isn't. Or have I got the wrong end of the stick here? I'll have a play... Thanks again, W. -- gentoo-laptop@g.o mailing list