From: Marc Koschewski <marc@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] Working configuration for using multiple WLAN APs
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 12:56:01
1 * Neil Isaac <isaac.neil@×××××.com> [2006-08-15 22:27:01 +0000]:
2
3 > On 8/15/06, Marc Koschewski <marc@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
4 > >Hi anyone,
5 > >
6 > >I use several WLAN APs (at work, at home, at my girlfriend's home). All of them
7 > >use different SSIDs. I tried the config I found on the Gentoo Wiki and the ones
8 > >I found after some googling but none of them worked. Does anyone have a working
9 > >configuration for me to test? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.... thank you!
10 >
11 > You should be able to do that by setting preferred_aps_eth1 and
12 > key_SSIDNAME (for each essid if it needs a key) - so if you have one
13 > AP called foo with a wep key 0123456789 and another called bar without
14 > encryption, you should set /etc/conf.d/wireless something like this
15 > (assuming your wireless device is eth1:
16 >
17 > preferred_aps_eth1=("foo bar")
18 > associate_order_eth1="any"
19 > key_foo="0123456789 enc open"
20
21 OK, I just checked it and it doesn't work as expected. Does anyone have a
22 working real-world configuration for me?
23
24 Thanks anyone,
25 Marc
26 --