From: Marco Calviani <marco.calviani@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-laptop] Re: [gentoo-user] Problem with CPU temperature (Santa Rosa CPU)
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 11:05:15
Hi Volker,
  i'm attaching my kernel .config. As you can see all the ACPI related
points are enabled.

> posting your config? make menuconfig and reading the help-text to all the > acpi-options? >
Thanks, i've found fancontrol, but since the laptop lacks some chipset to control the fan itself, the /etc/fancontrol is not created. I've realized that the temperature given in the /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/TZ01/temperature is more or less random at a given machine startup and it does not change while the machine is on. When it start at a temperature above 60C, the fan starts (and never switch off) but the cores temperature remains low (~35C). If it's 0C or 50C or something below this threshold, the fan does not switch on and the core temp increases up to 100C..... It would be nice to be able to link the fan control directly with the coretemp and not with the ACPI thermal zone.... m -- gentoo-laptop@g.o mailing list