From: Michael Rutledge <michael4447@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] Trying Gentoo linux on a new Asus M6 laptop
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 02:22:39
I'm not familiar with an ASUS laptop, but I know that a Sony VAIO has
a firewire bus for the cdrom.  You might want to check to see if your
cdrom is firewire or IDE.  When you use your gentoo boot CD, try lsmod
and see if it is loading any special firewire drivers.  This might can
help you find out.

-Michael