From: Jordi Molina <warp3r@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] Gentoo + T40?
Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 10:18:23
1 First of all,
2
3 Centrino CPU speed should be handled by a speed governor daemon (have
4 a look at the ACPI guide at gentoo.org)
5
6 Keep in mind that if you want to have battery for more time, it's
7 normal that this daemon reduces the CPU if its not used, the same
8 daemon will raise up the speed as soon as the current speed becames
9 too low (compiling, i.e.)
10
11 So, my recommendations:
12 - Set up an speed governor
13 - Get information about how Centrino platform works
14 - Enjoy :)
17 cheers
18 Jordi
19