From: Valmor de Almeida <val.gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [gentoo-laptop] coretemp and smartbatt drivers for lm_sensors
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 22:58:10
Paul Hartman wrote:

> > What CPU have you chosen in your kernel? Did you enable hardware > monitoring and expiremental modules? > >
I did not have Prompt for development and/or incomplete code/drivers selected under General Setup. Therefore missed options under Hardware Monitoring Support. I chose Core2/newer Xeon because the help info says CPU family: 6. Not sure this is the correct choice. The /proc/cpuinfo follows below. Thanks for your help. -- Valmor -> cat /proc/cpuinfo processor : 0 vendor_id : GenuineIntel cpu family : 6 model : 14 model name : Genuine Intel(R) CPU U1400 @ 1.20GHz stepping : 8 cpu MHz : 800.000 cache size : 2048 KB fdiv_bug : no hlt_bug : no f00f_bug : no coma_bug : no fpu : yes fpu_exception : yes cpuid level : 10 wp : yes flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss tm pbe nx constant_tsc arch_perfmon bts pni monitor vmx est tm2 xtpr bogomips : 2393.97 clflush size : 64 power management: