From: Francisco Rivas <taken2k4@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] thinkpad T43 boot problem
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 02:03:06
Hi all again..

Reading the post of Tedwardo I remember a problem with a SATA disk, the
Gentoo livecd was not detected my SATA disk, looking for other people with
that problem I found this:

Use libata.ata_enabled=1, unfortunnely I sold that pc and I have no time to
try that.. but my point is: have you ever seen that problem?, have you any
idea about it?

Thank you very much in advance...

On 4/24/07, Tedwardo Stine <ted.stine@×××××.com> wrote:
> > also, a good debugging technique is to add support for all devices first > then eliminate (work top down). > so modularize all the sata devices available in the kernel, then if it > works you can start taking some at, wittling it down. > (i know with my nw8440 the sata was originally labeled incorrectly in the > output of lspci) > ...if it still doesn't work then you know it's not a problem with the > drivers :D > > good luck > > On 4/24/07, mail <lists@×××××.net> wrote: > > > > Hi, > > > > I am trying to set up a T43 with grub. > > > > I installed grub, set up the grub.conf file and it gets past the splash > > screen and starts to load devices, then a kernel panic: > > > > Cannot open root device "sda3" or unknown-block (2,0) > > > > This lapttop has sata drive I guess, I have the kernel sata driver > > loaded, and I have tried all kinds of various alternatives such as hda3, > > sda1, hda1, (hd0,0) etc... I know that the "root" is correct because > > the splash screen is fine. > > > > Does anybody have experience setting up grub on a T43? > > > > Thanks > > rick > > > > > > > > -- > > gentoo-laptop@g.o mailing list > > > > >
-- Francisco Rivas