From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-lisp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-lisp] elisp.eclass: SIMPLE_ELISP is gone
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 17:23:12
Hi lispers,

our elisp.eclass used to support setting of variable SIMPLE_ELISP=t in
an ebuild. This had the effect that the eclass would rename a source
file named ${P}.el to ${PN}.el in src_unpack (therefore supporting
versioned, single compressed elisp files as package sources).

SIMPLE_ELISP is no longer supported. Above renaming now always takes
place if a file ${WORKDIR}/${P}.el is found after unpacking.

The rationale for this change is:
  1) Packages with more than one elisp file normally unpack into a
     subdir of ${WORKDIR}.
  2) Even if they unpack directly into ${WORKDIR}, it is still
     unlikely that their tarball would contain a file named ${P}.el.
  3) In case that some future package shouldn't fulfill 1 or 2 (which
     I think is very unlikely), we can still add a special src_unpack
     to its ebuild.

The changed eclass is already in the Portage tree. I've removed
SIMPLE_ELISP from all ebuilds in the Emacs overlay; the main tree will
follow in about two weeks. Please report any bugs via the usual
channels.

Ulrich