From: Panagiotis Christopoulos <pchrist@g.o>
To: gentoo-lisp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-lisp] lisp project status
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 00:27:04
On 02:29 Mon 11 Apr     , Andrey G. Grozin wrote:
> Sorry, I meant to send this to all gentoo-lisp, but by mistake have sent > only to one address. Repeating... > > Hello *,
Hi Mr. Grozin and other fellow users/contributors/developers,
> > I'd be really grateful if somebody move cmucl-20b to the main tree. This > version compiles fricas fine. Currently, I have to pmask USE=cmucl for > fricas. Are there any obstacles?
I will look into it. I don't promise anything, I'm a bit slow the last months, I will still be slow until I find a sane job and fix my life. I'm currently only working on a new sbcl ebuild for a newer sbcl stabilization. Until the lisp team receive any help from other developers/contributors or find time* to contribute more myself, the only priority for me will be to support other teams which need tools of the lisp herd (sci-mathematics is one of them, with maxima etc.). Feel free to ask/request anything here, on this mailing list. I know I haven't done much from when I came back from the army, sometimes I blame myself for this**, but there were also some bad circumstances (family issues, etc.). I will lead the lisp team if there are no objections or nobody else decides to step up. At least, I will do the best I can to fix/bump the primary/main scheme/cl interpreters/ compilers. Tom (chiiph) is the only active developer in the lisp team nowadays together with me and ulm is helping occasionally (thank you, Ulrich). Stelian (fe[nl]ix), Cyprien (fulax) and Dmitry (dzhus) have also helped a lot (thanks guys, your help is really much appreciated). Marijn, I will keep the chair warm until you're able to come back. I am positive, things will be better in the future. Thank you all for what you've done so far. Any help is still very appreciated. * and hardware, my machinery is very limited these days. ** I'm really sorry for the bad status of our herds. -- Panagiotis Christopoulos ( pchrist ) ( Gentoo Lisp Project )