From: Panagiotis Christopoulos <pchrist@g.o>
To: gentoo-lisp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-lisp] lisp project status
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 00:27:04
1 On 02:29 Mon 11 Apr , Andrey G. Grozin wrote:
2 > Sorry, I meant to send this to all gentoo-lisp, but by mistake have sent
3 > only to one address. Repeating...
4 >
5 > Hello *,
6 Hi Mr. Grozin and other fellow users/contributors/developers,
9 > I'd be really grateful if somebody move cmucl-20b to the main tree. This
10 > version compiles fricas fine. Currently, I have to pmask USE=cmucl for
11 > fricas. Are there any obstacles?
12
13 I will look into it. I don't promise anything, I'm a bit slow the last
14 months, I will still be slow until I find a sane job and fix my life.
15 I'm currently only working on a new sbcl ebuild for a newer sbcl
16 stabilization. Until the lisp team receive any help from other
17 developers/contributors or find time* to contribute more myself, the only
18 priority for me will be to support other teams which need tools of the
19 lisp herd (sci-mathematics is one of them, with maxima etc.). Feel free
20 to ask/request anything here, on this mailing list.
21
22 I know I haven't done much from when I came back from the army,
23 sometimes I blame myself for this**, but there were also some bad
24 circumstances (family issues, etc.). I will lead the lisp team if there
25 are no objections or nobody else decides to step up. At least, I will do the
26 best I can to fix/bump the primary/main scheme/cl
27 interpreters/ compilers. Tom (chiiph) is the only active developer in
28 the lisp team nowadays together with me and ulm is helping occasionally
29 (thank you, Ulrich). Stelian (fe[nl]ix), Cyprien (fulax) and Dmitry
30 (dzhus) have also helped a lot (thanks guys, your help is really
31 much appreciated).
32
33 Marijn, I will keep the chair warm until you're able to come back.
34
35 I am positive, things will be better in the future. Thank you all for
36 what you've done so far. Any help is still very appreciated.
37
38 * and hardware, my machinery is very limited these days.
39 ** I'm really sorry for the bad status of our herds.
42 Panagiotis Christopoulos ( pchrist )
43 ( Gentoo Lisp Project )