From: Christian Faulhammer <opfer@g.o>
To: "gentoo-dev@l.g.o" <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: gentoo-lisp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-lisp] Re: Projects and subproject status
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 14:30:37
Hi,

CCing gentoo-lisp mailing list.

Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>:
> Please project leaders try to reply in short.
Though Emacs project (subproject of Lisp) has no official leader, I speak up as senior dev. :)
> Are we fine?
XEmacs: I cannot tell much, but graaff seems to have closed most of the severe bugs and worked on having more/bette eclasses for the app-xemacs category. GNU Emacs: * We took care of nearly all incoming bugs and punched ones still sitting around * Started keywording all packages with stable x86 and amd64 (majority is done) * Split up of eselect-ctags and eselect-emacs so them Vim wheenies stop crying (just after Portage was able to handle needed upgrade path correctly) * Files which enable additional packages from app-emacs category in Emacs are now stored in /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-gentoo.d/, with full backwards compatability (fully transparent for non-aware users). emacs-updater from eselec-emacs package can check if you still have site files in the old location. * Support for echangelog (by C-c C-a) in app-emacs/gentoo-syntax * Man, we got so many test plans for our packages that arch teams should be able to stabilise our packages in the blink of an eye. * Fixed some more packages that were working but not in a good shape regarding coding practice (Emacs and Ebuild)
> What are we going to do:
* Improve the tree further, though we are nearly done * Bring some really handy packages into the tree from our overlay * Improve gentoo-syntax to use the whole Gentoo toolchain for Ebuild developers V-Li -- Christian Faulhammer, Gentoo Lisp project <URL:http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/lisp/>, #gentoo-lisp on FreeNode <URL:http://www.faulhammer.org/>