From: ChIIph <chiiph@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-lisp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-lisp] Ebuilds for bigloo3.3a_p4 and hop-2.0.0
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 19:15:32
1 On 01/14/10 14:54, Cyprien Nicolas wrote:
2 > Hello lispers,
3 >
4 > I'm attaching to this mail two ebuild for the last releases of Bigloo
5 > and Hop, I have mainly adapted the existing ebuilds.
6 >
7 Hello Cyprien,
8
9 Thanks for providing these ebuilds, I'll make sure they are added to the
10 overlay today.
11 > Some notes, about the bigloo.ebuild:
12 >
13 > I have to had the threads flag, for dependencies, hop[threads] needs
14 > bigloo[threads], which needs boehm-gc[threads]. That makes the hop
15 > ebuild with three dependencies on hop, I don't know how to make it
16 > clearer, or better.
17 >
18 There was an issue with a bundled copy of boegm-gc, I hope Mr Serrano
19 took care of that :), otherwise some patching must be made for security
20 reasons.
21 > Then, I had to manually had -fno-omit-frame-pointer to Bigloo's CFLAGS,
22 > for several reasons:
23 > First, for compile-bee, part of the code may be compiled with -pg flag
24 > (for gprof profiling), this option is incompatible with
25 > -fomit-frame-pointer.
26 > Next, at runtime, Bigloo uses the CFLAGS he got at compile time when
27 > calling GCC on the produced C file. so bigloo -p will call gcc -pg (if
28 > enabled), then raise a gcc error.
29 >
30 Yes, I've bumped up to this problem too.
31 Strictly "ebuild-speaking", the best way to handle this is with the
32 eclass flag-o-matic, removing -fomit-frame-pointer. Either way, you are
33 right, that flag must be disabled.
34 >
35 > This ebuild has been ran on both x86 hardened and x86_64 hardened
36 > systems, without any issue except the -pg thing I have bypassed.
37 >
38 Great, thanks for the testing.
39
40 Regards,