From: Erik Falor <ewfalor@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-lisp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-lisp] Finally, a fix for bug #335418, now what?
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 18:03:40
On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 10:14:07AM +0100, Marijn wrote:
> Hi Erik, > > I notice that the SRC_URI contains an explicit version. Ideally we > shouldn't have to adjust it once 4.7.1 and 4.8.0 come out. Would ${PV} > not accomplish that?
${PV} does accomplish that. Thank you for pointing this out.
> I also notice that the ebuild still unsets some variables (A ARCH). I > consider it a bug if this is necessary. Have you checked whether it is > still necessary? If so what is the state of fixing portage so we don't > need to do this unsetting?
Unfortunately, this step is still necessary as those variables are still in conflict with the Makefiles. I was not aware that there had been any discussion by the portage devs about this issue. The only bug I could find is #127560 - is that the effort you are talking about? Or are you suggesting that we file a new bug?
> Otherwise looks good. > > Marijn
If you feel good about just the ${PV} fix, I'll check this in to the overlay tonight. -- Erik Falor Registered Linux User #445632 http://linuxcounter.net

chicken-4.7.0.ebuild text/plain