List Archive: gentoo-lisp
Note: Due to technical difficulties, the Archives are currently not up to date.
provides an alternative service for most mailing lists.c.f. bug 424647
CCing gentoo-lisp mailing list.
Luca Barbato <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
> Please project leaders try to reply in short.
Though Emacs project (subproject of Lisp) has no official leader, I
speak up as senior dev. :)
> Are we fine?
I cannot tell much, but graaff seems to have closed most of the severe
bugs and worked on having more/bette eclasses for the app-xemacs
* We took care of nearly all incoming bugs and punched ones
still sitting around
* Started keywording all packages with stable x86 and amd64 (majority
* Split up of eselect-ctags and eselect-emacs so them Vim wheenies
stop crying (just after Portage was able to handle needed upgrade path
* Files which enable additional packages from app-emacs category in
Emacs are now stored in /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-gentoo.d/, with
full backwards compatability (fully transparent for non-aware users).
emacs-updater from eselec-emacs package can check if you still have
site files in the old location.
* Support for echangelog (by C-c C-a) in app-emacs/gentoo-syntax
* Man, we got so many test plans for our packages that arch teams
should be able to stabilise our packages in the blink of an eye.
* Fixed some more packages that were working but not in a good shape
regarding coding practice (Emacs and Ebuild)
> What are we going to do:
* Improve the tree further, though we are nearly done
* Bring some really handy packages into the tree from our overlay
* Improve gentoo-syntax to use the whole Gentoo toolchain for Ebuild
Christian Faulhammer, Gentoo Lisp project
<URL:http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/lisp/>, #gentoo-lisp on FreeNode