From: Daniel Seichter <daniel@×××××××××.de>
To: "Gentoo-Mips@Gentoo. Org" <gentoo-mips@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-mips] Error booting first time Qube2
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2006 10:47:59
Hello,

After the last days, I compiled all necessary packages for my Qube 2 and
today I was able to restart it. But after loading the kernel, the following
error occured:
********************
Freeing unused kernel memory: 132k freed
modprobe: FATAL: Could not load
/lib/modules/2.6.17.10-mipsgit-20060618/modules.dep: No such file or
directory
 modprobe: FATAL: Could not load
/lib/modules/2.6.17.10-mipsgit-20060618/modules.dep: No such file or
directory

INIT: version 2.86 booting
Gentoo Linux; http://www.gentoo.org/
 Copyright 1999-2006 Gentoo Foundation; Distributed under the GPLv2

Press I to enter interactive boot mode

 * Mounting proc at /proc ...                                             [
ok ]
 * Mounting sysfs at /sys ...                                             [
ok ]
 * Mounting /dev for udev ...[ oops ]

 * The "mount" command failed with error:

wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on udev,
       missing codepage or other error
       dmesg | tail  or so

 * Since this is a critical task, startup cannot continue.

Give root password for maintenance
(or type Control-D to continue):

So, what can I do? I was sure to have enabled ext3 in kernel.

Hope there is a way to replace the kernel, maybe someone can send me a
working one, but mounting nfs or something else is not possible, as long as
I can't write to /etc.

Thank you very much in advance for help

Daniel