From: Kumba <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mips] Gentoo/MIPS SGI LiveCD RC5 release
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 22:17:11
Arianna Arona wrote:
> On Thursday 20 October 2005 06:15, Kumba wrote: >> After lots of tinkering, testing and other odd n' ends, I released on >> Tuesday a new revision of the SGI LiveCD. Like its predecessor, RC4, this >> is a single CD that will boot and bring up several completely different SGI >> systems to a state where an install can be started. > [...] >> Most notably, the SGI Origin (IP27) series. > > Hi, > what a wonderfull news!! > But I have always the same problem with IOC3 ethernet card. > The kernel included in this new live cd detect the mac address and all network > parameters (full duplex, 100Mb), but...... network doesn't work: Rx led > blinks but Tx doesn't. No bits are sent along the cable and after some hour I > have a RX buffer overflow. > > May this output be usefull? > > livecd root # lspci -x -vv -s 00:02.0
[snip] IOC3 on this system? Octane or Origin? --Kumba -- Gentoo/MIPS Team Lead Gentoo Foundation Board of Trustees "Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." --Elrond -- gentoo-mips@g.o mailing list