From: David Cummings <real.psyence@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mips] shmem
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 19:12:49
On 8/11/05, spbecker <spbecker@××.edu> wrote:
> >This is n32. I recall at least one of the apps working with o32. What > >would be the issue with n32? > > How many warnings have you ignored so far about using n32? I've lost count by > now. I've sent at least 3 or 4 to the list, and I know hardave has warned you > also. > > Seriously, n32 doesn't work properly yet. It has major bugs and really should > not be used by anyone but developers. We aren't supporting n32 until these > problems have been worked out, and that may be a long time yet. That is all. > > -Steve > > -- > gentoo-mips@g.o mailing list > >
Great, thanks again for being extraordinarily helpful. Why do you think I keep asking questions? because I like being told something is broken? I want to get this thing working, and I am more than happy to help out the effort. If no one will tell me what the problem is, then I'm going to have a hard time fixing it. here, ready? I hereby claim myself as a developer, now will you stop belittling me? I may not know all that much about the problems here, but I've got time and energy and I can easily put it someplace else. -Dave -- The way that can be named is not the Way. -- gentoo-mips@g.o mailing list