From: David Cummings <real.psyence@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mips] shmem
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 19:12:49
1 On 8/11/05, spbecker <spbecker@××.edu> wrote:
2 > >This is n32. I recall at least one of the apps working with o32. What
3 > >would be the issue with n32?
4 >
5 > How many warnings have you ignored so far about using n32? I've lost count by
6 > now. I've sent at least 3 or 4 to the list, and I know hardave has warned you
7 > also.
8 >
9 > Seriously, n32 doesn't work properly yet. It has major bugs and really should
10 > not be used by anyone but developers. We aren't supporting n32 until these
11 > problems have been worked out, and that may be a long time yet. That is all.
12 >
13 > -Steve
14 >
15 > --
16 > gentoo-mips@g.o mailing list
19 Great, thanks again for being extraordinarily helpful. Why do you
20 think I keep asking questions? because I like being told something is
21 broken? I want to get this thing working, and I am more than happy to
22 help out the effort. If no one will tell me what the problem is, then
23 I'm going to have a hard time fixing it. here, ready? I hereby claim
24 myself as a developer, now will you stop belittling me? I may not know
25 all that much about the problems here, but I've got time and energy
26 and I can easily put it someplace else.
27 -Dave
30 The way that can be named is not the Way.
33 gentoo-mips@g.o mailing list