From: Kumba <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mips] Indigo2 IP22 [Was LiveCD RC6]
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 09:15:43
J. Scott Kasten wrote:
> > I have an I2 IP22 with 256MB RAM, and R4400 that is alive and well. I > pulled the extreem board set to keep it cooler since I couldn't use that > under linux anyway. (Actually, there's a few patches floating now that > get basic console support on extreeme.) > > I will try LiveCD RC6 on the serial console and let you know that it > comes up. Although I've had debian on it for over a year, and plan to > keep that on there for other purposes, I would be happy to test boot > anything you need.
You know of patches? The only guy we know of whose remotely written any Extreme (XZ) patches is one 'onion' over in the linux-mips IRC channel. Of course, I don't believe he's ever released screen shots or source code, thus we've always regarded his claims as vapourware. Did someone else create patches, or did he finally put them out and not tell anyone? If you have a location of the patches, I'd be interested in knowing where they're at so I can see if they'll fit into mips-sources when I get around to putting out 2.6.19 (yeah, It's wayyyyy behind). 2.6.20 still has problems on Octane last I checked (-rc6), so I dunno when that'll be out. But yeah, I've got an Extreme board set in an IP26 (R8000, w00t!) that I can yank out and stuff in my IP28 to see if it boots the kernel and prints messages (IP28's userland is all whacked up, so I doubt it'll ever boot again). --Kumba -- Gentoo/MIPS Team Lead "Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." --Elrond -- gentoo-mips@g.o mailing list