From: Mike Martin <mikemartin@×××××.ca>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mips] Question - Kumba LiveCD RC6
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 15:52:59
1 That's the easy answer. Unfortunately the Octane (which is the one I
2 want to get working) resides on a network where netboot is not
3 allowed. Believe me, I've tried to do this.
4
5 The Indy, happily netboots (on my home network). I tried to boot it
6 and the Indigo2 from CD to test whether the problem what the Octane,
7 that CD or the X-RC6 distribution.
8
9 >From my understanding the intention of the X-RC6 cd is not to provide
10 the primary method of installing the OS. It is more of an experiment
11 to see if what can be done and provide a quick "hey look what Linux
12 can do" demo environment. I'm looking to use it for exactly that.
13
14 Thanks!
15 Mike Martin
16