From: David Cummings <real.psyence@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mips] 2.6.12 mips-sources compile error
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 21:46:50
alright, now I have a new problem. I got a kernel to compile and
boot(!), but it dies at "Starting local". The pertinant output
follows. I am a little confused, but I have the idea that the new
install guide doesn't use devfs, so my kerneld didn't either, but now
I'm wondering...
Anywho, let me know what you think:

the console

 * Error loading key mappings
                                                                          [ !! ]
 * Setting terminal encoding to ASCII .../etc/init.d/keymaps: line 71:
/dev/tty1: No such device or address
/etc/init.d/keymaps: line 71: /dev/tty2: No such device or address
/etc/init.d/keymaps: line 71: /dev/tty3: No such device or address
/etc/init.d/keymaps: line 71: /dev/tty4: No such device or address
/etc/init.d/keymaps: line 71: /dev/tty5: No such device or address
/etc/init.d/keymaps: line 71: /dev/tty6: No such device or address
/etc/init.d/keymaps: line 71: /dev/tty7: No such device or address
/etc/init.d/keymaps: line 71: /dev/tty8: No such device or address
/etc/init.d/keymaps: line 71: /dev/tty9: No such device or address
/etc/init.d/keymaps: line 71: /dev/tty10: No such device or address
/etc/init.d/keymaps: line 71: /dev/tty11: No such device or address
                                 [ ok ]
 * Setting user font ...Couldnt open //dev/tty1
Couldnt open //dev/tty2
Couldnt open //dev/tty3
Couldnt open //dev/tty4
Couldnt open //dev/tty5
...etcetera...
 * Failed to set user font
                                                                          [ !! ]
 * Starting lo
 *   Bringing up lo ...                                                   [ ok ]
 * Initializing random number generator ...                               [ ok ]
INIT: Entering runlevel: 3
 * Starting eth0
 *   Bringing up eth0
 *     Configuration not set for eth0 - assuming dhcp
 *     dhcp
 *       Running dhcpcd ...                                               [ ok ]
 *       eth0 received address 192.168.1.186
 * Mounting network filesystems ...                                       [ ok ]
 * Starting local ...                                                     [ ok ]
INIT:
Id "c4"
IId "c2
INIT: Id "c3" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
INIT: Id "c5" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
INIT: Id "c6" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
INIT: no more processes left in this runlevel

--
The way that can be named is not the Way.