From: Karin Willers <karin@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mips] IP30: Gentoo installation without monitor & keyboard
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2008 22:14:46
Some remarks here:

My fdisk is v2.12q, which should be able to write SGI disk labels.

Fdisk worked before erasing the first block of the disk.

Strangely enough the advice was (as one option) to erase the
the first block and then continue with fdisk. I did not save my
boot block, which obviously was a mistake ...

I did not find 'parted' on the network booted ram disk and there is
unfortunately no Gentoo live CD for Octane.

I'll acquire an SCA-to-SCSI adapter to connect the hard disk
to another machine and do the fdisk/parted there.

Greetings,  Karin
-----