From: "Stephen P. Becker" <spbecker@××.edu>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mips] SGI O2 R5000 on initial boot screen freaks out
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 22:40:46
1 Oscar Almer wrote:
2 > Hi
3 >
4 > in my humble experience, it is possible to get an O2 to boot off a CD
5 > instead of a NFS partition by setting a PROM variable (OSLoadOptions
6 > or something like it) to point to /dev/cdroms/cdrom0. It saves the
7 > hassle of having to set up a NFS server thing if you never have done
8 > so before (like me).
9 > Disclaimer: I am not a developer, nor anything else. It just happened
10 > that that worked for me, so i thought i'd mention it.
13 We actually do have a livecd now. It should be in the experimental
14 folder on the gentoo mirrors. Make sure to read the documentation in
15 the directory with it, as it doesn't automagically work. You have to
16 set prom variables first.
17
18 Steve
21 gentoo-mips@g.o mailing list