From: Andrew Finley <afinley@×××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mips] SGI O2 R5000 on initial boot screen freaks out
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 22:43:56
1 Thanks Guys,
2 I'll try those options.
3
4 On Tue, 2004-11-16 at 16:41, Stephen P. Becker wrote:
5 > Oscar Almer wrote:
6 > > Hi
7 > >
8 > > in my humble experience, it is possible to get an O2 to boot off a CD
9 > > instead of a NFS partition by setting a PROM variable (OSLoadOptions
10 > > or something like it) to point to /dev/cdroms/cdrom0. It saves the
11 > > hassle of having to set up a NFS server thing if you never have done
12 > > so before (like me).
13 > > Disclaimer: I am not a developer, nor anything else. It just happened
14 > > that that worked for me, so i thought i'd mention it.
17 > We actually do have a livecd now. It should be in the experimental
18 > folder on the gentoo mirrors. Make sure to read the documentation in
19 > the directory with it, as it doesn't automagically work. You have to
20 > set prom variables first.
21 >
22 > Steve
23 >