From: Oscar Almer <o.almer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mips] SGI O2 R5000 on initial boot screen freaks out
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 22:33:12
Hi

in my humble experience, it is possible to get an O2 to boot off a CD
instead of a NFS partition by setting a PROM variable (OSLoadOptions
or something like it) to point to /dev/cdroms/cdrom0. It saves the
hassle of having to set up a NFS server thing if you never have done
so before (like me).
Disclaimer: I am not a developer, nor anything else. It just happened
that that worked for me, so i thought i'd mention it.