From: Kumba <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mips] PANIC: Unexpected exception at boot o2 R5000
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 01:05:26
1 Andrew Finley wrote:
2 > Hello All,
3 > I am trying to install on a O2 r5000. After what I thought was a
4 > successful kernel build, etc. (following the install instruction on the
5 > MIPS project page, and using the experimental livecd). I powered off
6 > then tried to boot, then received the message below.
7 [snip]
8
9 O2 can't boot off disk directly (that is, load a kernel from the volume header
10 like IP22). You have to use arcboot for that. Arcboot's a hair slow at
11 reading kernels off disk, but wesolows made a wicked patch I'm going to test
12 soon and put into portage which will dramatically speed up disk loading.
13
14 Just `emerge arcboot`, and follow the instructions printed after the build
15 finishes, and things should work out fine. If not, drop a note here about it.
18 --Kumba
21 "Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small
22 hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere."
23 --Elrond
26 gentoo-mips@g.o mailing list