From: Richard <richard_c@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-mips] Hello all
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 15:29:20
1 Hello,
2
3 I've got a new (to me) SGI Octane I'm trying to setup. It's an Octane 1;
4 R10K 195MHz; 2GB RAM setup. At the moment I've got some issues making
5 the disk bootable (more to follow, arcload throws weird memory problem
6 messages and I can't find the Web CVS to give you the exact messages),
7 and the stock Gentoo MIPS kernel seems to have some problem with the
8 onboard network controller (doesn't send or recieve packets).
9
10 I've used a random kernel off the net (from a Gentoo developer's
11 personal web space) which has made the machine (net) boot, and allowed
12 me to install the stage 3 tarball. emerge is working, and I've compiled
13 a (untested) kernel.
14
15 So far, a HUGE thanks to the cast of thousands who've enabled me to get
16 this far!
17
18 Thanks,
19