From: Richard <richard_c@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-mips] Hello all
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 15:29:20
Hello,

I've got a new (to me) SGI Octane I'm trying to setup. It's an Octane 1;
R10K 195MHz; 2GB RAM setup. At the moment I've got some issues making
the disk bootable (more to follow, arcload throws weird memory problem
messages and I can't find the Web CVS to give you the exact messages),
and the stock Gentoo MIPS kernel seems to have some problem with the
onboard network controller (doesn't send or recieve packets).

I've used a random kernel off the net (from a Gentoo developer's
personal web space) which has made the machine (net) boot, and allowed
me to install the stage 3 tarball. emerge is working, and I've compiled
a (untested) kernel.

So far, a HUGE thanks to the cast of thousands who've enabled me to get
this far!

Thanks,

Richard