From: Johnathon Schade <johnathonschade@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mips] Indigo2 IP22 [Was LiveCD RC6]
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 23:45:16
1 On 2/11/07, Kumba <kumba@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > Yeah, milang == onion. He's done this not only for Extreme's console driver,
4 > but also a semi-working O2 sound driver. In both cases, he's either claimed
5 > that his code quality is poor, or his girlfriend was taking up too much time, or
6 > some other lame excuse. Even when we randomly nag him on #mipslinux on IRC, he
7 > just ignores us now :P
8 >
9 > This is why for O2's driver, we've just randomly tinker with the only known
10 > source code version. Another linux-mips dev, Ladislav Michel (I think) of
11 > debian apparently also has/had a driver at one point for early 2.6. But I don't
12 > know if it's the same as the source one already out there (which was written by
13 > a "vivian", if I recall correctly), or if his is related to onion's purported
14 > driver at all.
18 > --Kumba
19
20 the "vivian" you mention is actually vivien aka glaurung... the
21 address for her site where her patches can be found is
22 http://www.linux-mips.org/~glaurung/
23
24 but I'm not enough of a kernel dude to check if there is indeed the
25 needed patch there...
26
27 hope this helps someone out there... :)
30 Don't let a good lap go to waste... Adopt a rescued animal today
31 --
32 gentoo-mips@g.o mailing list