From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mips] newer kernels on an SGI O2?
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 20:19:45
On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 4:01 PM, Jim Faulkner <jfaulkne@×××××××.edu> wrote:
> I see that the most recent mips-sources kernel is 2.6.37.  Are there > newer sources I can use on an O2?  I tried the linux-3.0.3 sources from > the Linux/MIPS git repository, but nothing happens after "Entering > kernel" with the kernel I built.
sys-kernel/mips-sources is sort of an experimental playground. I wouldn't recommend using it unless it includes a patch you specifically need. For the O2, I would just use gentoo-sources or vanilla-sources. The kernel that I built for you was just from Linus' git tree. The config I used for it is http://dev.gentoo.org/~mattst88/sgi-o2/config Matt