From: "Mathias W." <m.weigt@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mips] Problems with mips-sources-2.6.20
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 13:18:41
1 Kumba wrote:
2 > Mathias W. wrote:
3 >>>> oldconfig) and it doesn't boot. I get the same message as in this
4 >>>> thread: http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-mips/msg_00503.xml
5 >>>>
6 >>>> NESTED EXCEPTION #1 (vid 0) at EPC: ffffffff9fc6a0a4; first exception
7 >>>> at PC: 0
8
9 > Second, whenever you use an older config on a newer kernel, _always_
10 > check the config to make sure it didn't flip something off. Things
11 > changed dramatically from .17 to .20, and relying on oldconfig alone
12 > isn't recommended. I usually run through menuconfig and just check the
13 > categories myself.
14
15 Now I carefully looked through menuconfig and did some additional customization but didn't find anything obvious wrong.
16 Still the new kernel does not boot.
17 I'm willing to try a config from you guys if you have one for the octane/octane2
18
19 > That all said, nested exceptions sometimes point at ARCS bugs. You may
20 > have an out-of-date PROM. Unfortunately, we're not sure which PROMs are
21 > out-of-date, and which ones aren't.
22
23 I have "PROM Monitor SGI Version 6.5 Rev 4.8 IP30 Sep 6,2001 - 64 Bit"
26 Mathias Weigt
30 gentoo-mips@g.o mailing list