From: Joshua Kinard <kumba@g.o>
To: Gentoo/MIPS <gentoo-mips@l.g.o>
Cc: Gentoo mips AT <mips@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-mips] New Generic O32/N32 MIPS stages for Big-Endian systems
Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 23:10:18
1 I've recently uploaded new stage builds for big-endian machines in the
2 following ABI/ISA combinations to the mirrors in the experimental/mips/stages
3 folders:
4
5 - MIPS-II for O32
6 - MIPS-III for N32
7 - MIPS-IV for N32
8 - R10000 build for N32
9 - R12000+ build for N32
10
11 These stages are based on a 20160506 Portage snapshot (yes, it took close to a
12 month to build everything), so fresh installs will likely have to wrestle with
13 the recent update to perl-5.24. All are built with gcc-5.3.0 against
14 glibc-2.23-r2.
15
16 Additional information is available in the README.2016 and README files.
17
18 I am also in the process of building MIPS-II stages for O32/uClibc as well,
19 which will likely be based on a 20160531 snapshot (assuming no bugs).
20
21 Note: These are the "old" ISAs, commonly used on SGI systems. Those running
22 the "MIPS32" (R2 through R6) ISA can use the MIPS-II/O32 stage3 as a base for
23 an install and rebuild to better match the target machine. Those on "MIPS64"
24 (R2 through R6) can use the MIPS-IV/N32 stage3 as a base for an install and
25 rebuild. Again, all are big-endian architecture, as I have no working
26 little-endian machines right now.
27
28 Work on an updated netboot image for the SGI machines is still pending due to
29 lack of time. I've got a basic script worked up that lets me manually copy
30 target binaries and dependent libs to a chroot folder, but I haven't made much
31 progress beyond that.
32
33 Any issues or bugs, please assign to mips@g.o in our Bugzilla.
34
35 Happy compiling!,
38 Joshua Kinard
39 Gentoo/MIPS
40 kumba@g.o
41 6144R/F5C6C943 2015-04-27
42 177C 1972 1FB8 F254 BAD0 3E72 5C63 F4E3 F5C6 C943
43
44 "The past tempts us, the present confuses us, the future frightens us. And our
45 lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between."
46
47 --Emperor Turhan, Centauri Republic