From: "J. Scott Kasten" <jscottkasten@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mips] Indigo2 IP22 [Was LiveCD RC6]
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 15:28:34
1 I'll look for that. I was thinking that I had seen a newer one.
2
3 Where's the best place to find any info we have on the hardware?
4
5 -S-
6
7 On Wed, 14 Feb 2007, Stephen P. Becker wrote:
8
9 >> Regarding the glaurung site, yes, there is an ALSA patch for a
10 >> mips-sgi-O2-AD1834 driver against kernel 2.6.1. The driver is
11 >> incomplete, but has the core functionality there. It will be a week
12 >> or so, before I can start, but I will see what it takes to start
13 >> pulling this patch forward.
14 >
15 > Yes yes...we're very well aware of that patch, and have been for years
16 > now. You probably do not want to start with that one. There is a much
17 > newer version floating around somewhere in the linux-mips mailing list
18 > archives from some fellow that updated it to 2.6.13 or so. That would
19 > probably be a better starting point, although I think it is still a
20 > heaping pile of shit. People that really know what they are doing have
21 > indicated that it would likely be best to start from scratch, but
22 > whatever, knock yourself out.
23 >
24 > -Steve
25 > --