From: Richard <richard_c@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-mips] Booting issues
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 10:23:35
Hi,

I'm still trying to get my inaugural disk boot to work on my Octane 1.
I've used Skylark's config file for the kernel build (as I couldn't find
the official gentoo one, and the default gentoo install kernel doesn't
seem to work for me anyway), but I get a fairly blunt error, with a few
magic numbers.

The results of a boot attempt follow:
ARCLoader 0.43(...)
Reading 5638216 bytes... OK.
Entering kernel.

NESTED EXCEPTION #1 (vid 0) at EPC: ffffffff9fc6819c; first exception at
PC: 0

<EOF>

Any suggestions as to the problem, or potential solution? Where should I
look for further information? Is there additional information I should
provide? What troubleshooting advice is there? Has anyone else ever seen
this?

This is a fresh, current Gentoo install...

Thanks for your help,

Richard