From: Kumba <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mips] O2 Sound and Misc Stuff. [Was LiveCD RC6]
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 09:11:52
Alex Deucher wrote:
> > Be careful. I tried to use JFS on some sparc boxes, and ran into some > subtle bugs that no one seemed to be able to solve that led to > filesystem corruption: things like disappearing/reappearing files and > directories. On the other hand I've had no problems with JFS on AMD64 > or x86.
I believe there were known issues between JFS and sparc (sparc64 especially) at some point, but I can't recall completely (either whether that was the case, or a timeframe either). --Kumba -- Gentoo/MIPS Team Lead "Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." --Elrond -- gentoo-mips@g.o mailing list