From: Manuel Lauss <manuel.lauss@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-mips@l.g.o" <gentoo-mips@l.g.o>, "gentoo-embedded@l.g.o" <gentoo-embedded@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-mips] MIPS32 little-endian softfloat Gentoo rootfs update Jan 2015
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 10:41:07
1 Hello,
2
3 I've again uploaded another snapshot of a little-endian
4 softfloat MIPS32 rootfs I maintain for a few of my MIPS toys
5 and QEMU.
6
7 It's a complete gentoo installation, with toolchain and
8 a few lightweight desktop environments as well as some
9 networking tools.
10
11 See the readme at [1] for more information. The main reason
12 for this update is to make it runnable on current
13 3.19-rc kernels, which do MIPS abiflags checks and old versions
14 weren't booting any more without patching the kernel.
15 This snapshot again boots and runs on vanilla 3.19-rc kernels.
16 The toolchain included also generates binaries which run on
17 the latest linux kernels.
18
19 Grab the tarball at [2], and if you're curious, file and individual
20 package listingsare at [3] and [4]. Binary packages are at [5],
21 untar them at the root of the filesystem.
24 [1] http://mlau.at/files/mips32-linux/README.txt
25 [2] http://mlau.at/files/mips32-linux/mips32elsf-gentoo-rootfs-150119.tar.xz
26 [3] http://mlau.at/files/mips32-linux/mips32elsf-gentoo-rootfs-150119.CONTENTS
27 [4] http://mlau.at/files/mips32-linux/mips32elsf-gentoo-packages-150119.CONTENTS