From: "Stephen P. Becker" <geoman@g.o>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mips] R5000 o2 X11 and kde?
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 14:58:19
1 Andrew Finley wrote:
2 > Hi Steve,
3 > I went back through and double checked everything, rebooted, and
4 > resetenv, and presto, arcboot booted properly. Now we're cooking!
5 >
6 > Then tried to emerge X-org, which compiled fine but could not build a
7 > config file. I looked for some documentation on the gentoo mips site
8 > but didn't see much (and elsewhere). Is it possible to get X and
9 > eventually kde running? Thanks again for your help.
13 See Ian's message about the config file and building X with the static
14 USE flag. As for kde, it should work just fine, although it may take
15 two to three days to build it all.
16
17 Steve
21 gentoo-mips@g.o mailing list