From: Jason Pepas <cell@×××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mips] bootstrap.sh on asus wl500g
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 16:28:14
1 On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 09:44:36AM -0600, Hardave Riar wrote:
2 > You would use catalyst, but last I tried to build to build mips1 glibc
3 > based stages it failed, most likely due mips1 support being bitrotten in
4 > our toolchain. I'm also not sure where catalyst is in regards to
5 > crosscompiling, I think there is some code there to do it, but it's not
6 > supported and hasn't been tried by anyone on the mips team. Trust us when
7 > we say that a stage3 uclibc is your best bet to start with gentoo on that
8 > box. Once you get comfortable with that, then start experimenting.
9
10 Thanks for the advice. As it turns out, that's just what I did. I have
11 been tooling around with a stage3-uclibc tarball for a couple of weeks,
12 and when I tried to update the profile to a non-deprecated uclibc-mips
13 profile and rebuild everything, rsync developed a problem where it would
14 randomly crap out. That's when I decided to start experimenting.
15
16 I'll keep looking into it and report back.
17
18 -jason pepas
21 gentoo-mips@g.o mailing list